Thursday, March 15, 2012
Happy Thursday to you all! I made a quick St. Patrick's Day card last night with no pre-planning at all. That is unusual for me!
Paper: 8.5 X 11 green card stock (StampinUp! Green Galore), 8.5 x 11 cream (StampinUp! vanilla) and pattern paper from K&Company Designer Paper Pack (Michael's)
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Shamrock embossing folder
Chalk: Green Galore chalk (StampinUp!)
Ribbon: Gold "string" (StampinUp!)
Ink: True Black (Paper Trey Ink - the BEST ink ever)
Stamp Set: I Believe in Leprechauns (My Creative Time)
Adhesive: ATG 714, scotch tape and pop dots (StampinUp!)
Step by Step
1. Cut Green Galore paper in half (5.5 x 8.5) and score (or fold) at 4.25. Card will be 5.5 x 4.25. Cut cream paper 5 x 3.75 and pattern paper 5 x 1.5.
2. Emboss the cream paper with the shamrock embossing folder.
3. Chalk the embossed cream paper with Green Galore chalk. The fun part about chalk is you just "smear" it all over. The coloring will be different all over depending on how much chalk hits that part of the paper.
4. Glue the embossed cream paper (now green) to the Green Galore card.
5. Wrap the gold string around the pattern card stock. I tape the string to back with scotch tape. I started in one corner and wrapped diagonally making an X on the front of the pattern paper. Next, I wrapped the gold string through the middle. I only cut the string one time but tape it all over in the back so the string goes where I want it to on the front. You can also cut individual pieces if that is easier.
6. Using the other half of the Green Galore paper (just a little bit of the corner - a scrap piece would work too), I stamped "Have a Sham-rockin' Day" from My Creative Time's, I Believe in Leprechauns stamp set. I used my favorite black ink - True Black from Paper Trey Ink. Trim around stamped image.
7. Using pop dots, adhere the pattern paper in the middle of the card onto the embossed cream paper (now green). Adhere the stamped image to the center of the pattern paper with more pop dots.
Note: I did trace over the stamped image with a gold glitter pen - it is hard to see in the photo.
There you have it....simple as can be. Have yourself a Sham-Rockin' Day!
Posted by Jilleen at 4:04 AM